Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Strait of Georgia, BC: 9-28-18




Cape Mudge Lighthouse





Adult Glaucous-winged Gull





Immature Glaucous-winged Gull





Love the wing feather patterns





These birds will nest on roof tops in some areas.




These birds are known to kill and eat rabbits and pigeons






Black Oystercatcher, adult male on the left, youngster on the right





Male Harlequin Ducks





One of the most handsome ducks





Female Harlequin Duck (this species feeds on a wide variety of invertebrates as well as small fish)







1 comment:

  1. As I've said many times, your pics are NatGeo worthy. The Stellara Jay and Bald Eagle (you know I love this treasure 'cause I made one for you)are my favorites. Know your love of Orcas and your pics reflect it.
    The Letterman comment is spot on. I call this group of Americans the Great Unwashed.

    ReplyDelete